Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My car key will not lock my doors JA: The mechanics have

Customer Question

My car key will not lock my doors
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay placed my order when can I expect an answer?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait on your question. What year and model is your Mercedes? Do you have more than one key?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no and I paid but my password ***** I just changed is not working. Is this a scam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 s500
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your the same Mechanic that reached out months ago about tires. Are you the only one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You Hoo!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not being here when you replied. I waited as long as I could for your reply but I had to leave to run some errands. Would you prefer to work with someone else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you ever be responding to my question above Marty?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I sent a reply last night to see if you wanted a different expert. If you would like to continue I need to know if the door locks work when using the button on the dash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Button on the dash... No key entry from the outside of the car. All operates from the key. It works in the ignition just not with any locking or unlocking function.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what you mean by "no button on dash". Do you mean that you cannot lock or unlock the car using the button on the dash? If that is the case it would indicate a fault with the vacuum pump for the locking system.