Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Codes 0893, 0894 and 1789... What should I do? JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

Codes 0893, 0894 and 1789... What should I do?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I have a 2006 r350
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes that's all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can I fix this problem without having to spend a lot of money?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.
Hello, what type of scanner are you using?
those codes relate to the trans slipping or incorrect gear ratio and a failed solenoid. what is the code desctription of the 1789 code? i cannot see that code without a scanner hooked up. its not in the benz database that i can find. and pressure control solenoid B does not help me as we dont have a A and B or anything like that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Code 1789 says fault present in control module transmission (P0730)... Code 0894 the gear is implausible or the transmission is slipping... Code 0893 hydraulic fault in transmission (disengaging shift element does not disengage). I was told that it may just need to have the transmission control reset or it might need valve body replaced
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure what kind of scanner my mechanic used
ok gotcha thanks , give me a minute.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks
what is the complaint with the car? any symptoms? harsh shifting? no shifting? delayed shifting?
ok so there is a bulletin for clogging solenoids and updating the transmission filter, you will need to have the valve body removed from the transmission and the valve body disassembled to clean out or replace the solenoids unless they find metal in the transmission then you will need to have the transmission overhauled or replaced. hope this helps. i hope for an easy fix.Lou P
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I start driving and press on the gas the rpm's go up but the car starts to jerk before the gears shift from 1st to 2nd then it drives good... But when I get up to about 50-60mph and I try to go faster it starts to drive funny again...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How much do u think it should cost me to fix what your suggesting?
ok gotcha. check this bulletin out.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
i would love to give you a est cost but i dont like to do that, the prices between dealers and shops are so varied i dont want to throw a number out. but if i had to GUESS i would say about 800$ as the labor is a lot and the fluid is expensive. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I will... Do u think resetting the transmission control will help any?
no, those codes are not the kind of codes that randomly appear, there is def something wrong that needs addressed sooner than later.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wow, not good... So if I go and get my solenoids cleaned or replaced, do u think this will turn off my engine light and fix the problem? Only if they find metal in the transmission will I have to replace it, right?
correct for the most part, you always need to have the codes erased, they will not go away once repaired. so whomever is doing the job they need to have a scanner capable of reading and erasing the transmission control module fault codes.
Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !