Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Engine missing on #1#2#3. Ml 320 JA: The mechanics have tons

Customer Question

Engine missing on #1#2#3. Ml 320
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The engine has been tune.up. did not sove the problem
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello if its only missing on 1 side / bank of the engine I'd be inclined to blame the exhaust O2 sensor on that side? if you have a check engine light on then getting a scan tool onto the car would be helpful and hopefully back this theory up other possibilities are a broken engine wiring loom on that side thats dragging down all the fuel inejectors or the ignition coils on that side so that too would be worth checking over, looking for hard overheated sections of wiring or corroded connectors I'd also check the state of the small earth connections that run out of the wiring loom and are secured to the engine with ring terminals and small bolts as these are the ECU specific earths
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.
Hi, different expert here. Replacing the oxygen sensor will not solve the problem. Reply back to me if you would like my help on this. I will need a little more information from you about the engine miss.Marty
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you