Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

THE SUNROOF ON 04 C230 MAKES NOISE BUT IT DOES

Customer Question

***** *****, THE SUNROOF ON 04 C230 MAKES NOISE BUT IT DOES NOT MOVE
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i DO NOT KNOW WHAT OTHER DETAIL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR I TRIED TO TIE DOWN THE MOTOR TO FRAME BY USING A LOCK WASHER
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, i tried to reach you on your other chat, does the sunroof motor still sound like a machine gun making popping noises?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YES
ok, did you use washers on all 3 bolts to tighten the motor to the roof?
also is this the coupe or the sedan/ wagon?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i TIED DOWN THE 2 CLOSE TO CONTROLLER, WHERE IS THE THIRD ONE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ITS HATCH BACK 2 DOOR, I TIED DOWN THE 2 CLOSE TO CONTROLLER, WHERE IS THE THIRD ONE
all three are around the head of the motor, there are always 3 mounting points
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there are 2 motors on right and left.
yes one is for the shade one is for the roof
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes
if they are tight then you need to check the teeth on the motor and check the wiring that wraps around the cable to see if they are bent, also the inside of the track can wear allowing the cable excess play, those are the options for failure. hope this helps. Lou P.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you provide me with some instruction or diagram to take the liner out.
yes, give me some time
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, is it going to be emaied
it will be posted here in links.
1 LINK
ITS A LOT I AM ALMOST DONE
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tjudh9fsu876t/HEADLINER_REMOVAL_COUPE you wont need all the info but its there at your disposal. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to drop the entire lining to check the teeth on motor and the cable?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get me question?
no you need to take down as much as needed in the front part to flex the headliner down to access the motors, please read my info it describes the methods. let me know if you need more help, also Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is the info?
scroll up on your page, i sent you a link that is to a file i made of a bunch of instructions, if you do not see if let me know i will resend. its time stamped 7 Apr 2016, 2:41 PM
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tjudh9fsu876t/HEADLINER_REMOVAL_COUPE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have the two link you send me, do have a little more detail as how to remove the panels or location of pins?
that is work info right out of our database , we dont have videos or other info, its really easy to access the motors just a little time consuming.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you send me instruction for how to replace cables?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i just need to know what all i need to take out the headliner is off