Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2005 mercedes benz 500 sl that i purchased

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2005 mercedes benz 500 sl that i purchased 6 months ago. In that time i haven't put 200 ***** ***** on as i own 3 other vehicles. I noticed from the beginning the convenience package says go to workshop, etc. Now, this morning I went to the bank and engine light comes on, a yellow triangle light with exclamation comes on and for the first time ever,..it won't shift out of first gear. Geez,..and, i am not mechanically inclined.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is Rick?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello Rick, it sounds like the main battery may be dead or extremely weak, your model has 2 batteries, 1 for the starting of the car located in the engine bay and a 2nd battery in the trunk. i would suggest getting the batteries tested, also has it rained recently? was anything spilled on or near the shifter? it sounds like you also have communication issues that would result from water entry or a failed module. could also be related to the low voltage but we need to make sure the battery is ok first. Lou P.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
are you still needing assistance?