Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

550sl: I have a 2013 sl550...service light came on....took

Customer Question

I have a 2013 sl550...service B light came on....took it in for service and they had to replace the transmission torque and other parts...now my car runs hot takes 4-6 minutes for the fan to cool the engine....car only has 13k miles
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the thermostat has failed or is stuck either on its own or due to the repairs done here this will cause this type of fault here.I would have the thermostat checked/tested to see if it needs replaced for this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete