Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I am considering purchasing an older E 350 wagon but want to

Customer Question

I am considering purchasing an older E 350 wagon but want to determine some code faults and also trying to determine if the model year 2007 was a later engine not affected by some cam shaft issues and timing chain problems
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car is sound but, my mechanic found some engine fault codes 0271 0276 0632 0645 0652 0656 he couldn't spend enough time to dig into what exact engine it has based on the vin
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said the charge was 18.00 but I see a membership at 31.00 per month which I did not authorize ...really ?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If your question is referring to the model year 2007 then Mercedes has released a service bulletin dealing with the codes 0271 and 0276 which calls for replacing camshaft adjustment solenoids . I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below , these codes need to be addressed first as the can cause the misfire codes to set as well. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/E350%20Service%20bulletin%20Apr%205.pdf