MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I replace my tcm in my 2002 s430 and my car still not shifting

Customer Question

I replace my tcm in my 2002 s430 and my car still not shifting the old one had water in it and I dont know what the problem could be
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello. can you tell me how water got into the module? are you sure it was not trans fluid? did you have the codes checked? did you replace with a new or used module?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The mechanic said it was a mixture of stuff that got into the tcm the area where water suppose to run down was clogged with leaves and other items from outdoors the car been sitting for 2 months it was replaced with a used one same model car
OK. so what does the trans do or not do?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its not shifting its like its not reading the gears I would put it in drive it reverese put it back in park and back in drive it will move forward same applies when I put it in reverse
OK so what does the display in the dash read?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The check engine light on and thats it
ok, i meant for the gear. does the display show all the gear ranges?