Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Warning lights coming on esp Bas epic and the warning triangle

Customer Question

Warning lights coming on esp Bas epic and the warning triangle keep coming on . I have ml270 cdi 02 plate
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Clonking noise from brakes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when does the warning come on? where any parts replaced to fix this or did this happen after a repair?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Happened after diagnostics removed faults
ok, what were the previous faults?also does the warning come on when slowing down to stop? or does the warning come on when you drive to take off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There wasn't any previous faults that we know of and the lights come on when slowing down
ok you said the issue happened after diagnostics removed faults that is why i asked . if the light is coming on when slowing down that means you have a bad wheel bearing or a bad wheel speed sensor. the car things that the wheels are locking up so it is activating the traction system. you need to first check all the wheel bearings for play and make sure none of the sensors have rust stuck to the tip of them, there is a sensor at each wheel. if you cannot find or see anything wrong then you must have a scan tool that can read the abs system hooked up and watch the wheel speed values as you are driving and stopping to see what wheel is affected. most likely its a bad wheel speed sensor. they are easy to change and cheap . hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also the big triangle warning light comes on as well
The triangle is alerting you that the traction system is activating. that is all. hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But this has come on while driving
YES, cause there is a issue with a speed sensor. everytime the traction system activates the triangle will flash,. when there is a code and a failure the light will remain solid.
i understand what you are describing. there is not a simple issue, it could be a few different things, thats why i suggested what i suggested. check the codes would be the best bet,. it would save time and hassle and money.