Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Starts then shuts right down JA: The mechanics have tons

Customer Question

starts then shuts right down
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes. the little red blinks with the key in.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: new bat & new key not programed.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, what year and model do you have and can you give me any history on the issue?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1999 ml320 sat for 7 yrs. With new bat started and drove fine. Installed new water pump & new power steering pump. upon restarting after repairs, bat was low. After charging bat, motor starts then stalls. Mercedes cut new key. Starts & stalls same way. Larry
ok, does it say "start error" in the dash when it dies?i need you to do 2 testsvery quickly insert key into ignition and turn on and start and see how long it takes to dieinsert the key into the ignition and turn it on and wait 30 seconds then see if it will crank or start. that will tell me if it is a security issue or not.