Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

93 500SEL When I turn key dash lights up but does not

Customer Question

'93 500SEL When I turn key dash lights up but does not engage starter. I have no blown fuses, possibly a relay? If so where would it be located?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing with a no crank can be caused by any of the following,Defective ConnectorIgnition SwitchK38 Starter Lockout RelayDefective Park/Neutral Switch S16Pneumatic System Equipment ModuleIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. the starter circuit wiring diagram below for reference as well.