Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Pearl I have a 2005 sl500 63000 miles sometimes just going

Customer Question

hi pearl I have a 2005 sl500 63000 miles sometimes just going down the road the engine dies when I stop put in park turn off ingnition turn back on it starts up
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no I think that's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** problem is typically caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. When the sensor malfunctions it will cause the engine to cut out as if you had turned off the ignition switch. It will usually start right back up or in some cases you may have to wait a few minutes before it will start. I'd suggest replacing the crankshaft position sensor for this problem.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Did you get the sensor replaced? Did it solve the problem?Please let me know.Marty