Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes just finished the two composer n i still had the same

Customer Question

Mercedes just finished the two composer n i still had the same problem stall n start error
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any clue i had put alot money in the car n the problems still not fixed
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I don't understand your question. Can you tell me what has been done to the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mercedes did the DAS module and Transponder ring around ignition switch.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Do you have new keys?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still had the same problem stall before it dhut down then start error on the dashboard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know what else can we wrong
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Is the car still at the Mercedes shop? Can you get the fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it still at mercedes shop i will tried
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Okay, there are only a few things that will give you the start error. Either they did not code the DAS module or the keys are bad or the All Activity module is bad. The first thing they should do is erase all codes in the AAM and try to resynchronize the keys with the Mercedes tester.Let me know what you find out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said is not that they did the ignition switch now they require me to do thermostat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont they possible to do ignition switch the first time i bring to them
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what they are telling you. The engine thermostat has nothing to do with starting the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They require me to change the ignition switch that cost the start error n when check engine the code for thermostat require to change too
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Based on the symptoms it doesn't sound like replacing the ignition switch will fix the problem but if they have properly diagnosed the problem as a bad ignition switch I'd let them replace it. You can wait to replace the thermostat as long as the car is not overheating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok they said change the ignition switch should solve the problem start error i told them about erase all codes in the AAM and try to resynchronize the keys with the Mercedes tester they said it not that n they require me to replace the thermostat i told them that i need to fixed my major problem is shut down stall n start error. Whatever they fixed it should solve am just scare now cause if i pickup my car n drive it gor three days my car still had the same problem i bring to them now they telling me yo replace the ignition switch it should solve the problem.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
If they are sure the ignition switch will fix the start error I would let them replace it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wat do u think should the ignition switch will solve my problem
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I rather doubt that it will solve the problem. It's a simple test for a technician to tell if the switch is bad. All he needs to do is test for power at the terminals on the switch when the key is turned on. If there is no power leaving the switch then replacing the switch will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what either I told them they keep saying is not that
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
If they insist that the switch will fix the problem I'd let them replace it. I would also tell them that you will expect them to remove the switch and not charge you for the job if it does not solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They charge me for the the DAS Module n plus the ignition switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got new key , DAS Module n Transponer , n now ignition switch hope it work
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Good luck with it. Let me know if you need anything. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to pay me for helping you.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. How is it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what to tell them I been driving my car for one week now but the rpm is still stalling but it doesn't shut down n sometime the rpm rise to 30-40 it doesn't come down is it normal.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Well it's good that it isn't stalling but the rpm going up and down is not normal. Is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No do u know what is it
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I would suspect a fault with the electronic throttle body. I would start by having them clean the throttle body and see if that helps. If the car is still stalling randomly I would suspect a fault with the crankshaft position sensor or the fuel pump. I can't recall if you said they already replaced those items or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hasn't replace those yet what do u recommend
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Tell me more about the symptoms. Does the car still quit running? I've sent a phone call offer if you would like to talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rpm stalling while driving but it doesn't shut down
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the rpm stalling". Do you mean that the rpm's get lower and the car slows down but it never quits running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i drove the car the rpm sometime rise to 30 50 until i had to stop the car n start the engine again n sometime when am driving the rpm doesn't stay at a spot it feel like stalling but it doesn't shut down
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
When the rpm rises to 30 50 it sounds like the transmission is going into limp home mode and staying in 2nd gear. When you turn the key off and back on it resets the transmission and the transmission usually starts working again. The transmission speed sensor are usually the problem. You should get the car scanned for fault codes to see if there are any fault codes stored in the transmission control module.If you would please take a moment to rate my service on this question so I can receive credit from the website I would appreciate it. You can continue to ask me questions on this problem after you rate my service.