Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

The FM KHXZ band "disappeared" from my GLK350 display. The

Customer Question

The FM KHXZ band "disappeared" from my GLK350 display. The dealer service rep says the FM stations are not broadcasting it anymore, yet when I get a service loaner....it's on their cars. What's up with the answer from MBZ????
Is it an expensive repair and they are just avoiding it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The satellite receivers are updated in the newer and some other models similar to yours.I have run across this before where the satellite radio company broadcasts on different bands which requires a different receiver in some cases.The worst part is in some cases the receivers are not offered for an upgrade on some models so this may be why yours no longer has this station.I would ask the dealer if there is an upgraded receiver for the satellite system for your model here.You might also call Mercedes customer support to see if they offer or can find any solutions to correcting this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete