Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Me check engine light came on in my 2007 Mercedes s550. I

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Me check engine light came on in my 2007 Mercedes s550. I stopped in an Autozone store to get a check engine code. The error code is P0717 turbine/input shaft speed sensor circuit no signal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, the turbine input shaft speed sensor is located inside the transmission. For this fault code you will need to replace the electronics plate in the transmission. I would first have the fault code erased and see if it returns. If it does then I would go ahead and replace the electronics plate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What kind of money are we talking about and how do you erase a fault code?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

An electronics plate repair is usually in the $1200 range. The code can only be erased with a factory level scan tool. The electronics plate will need to be programmed upon replacement.