Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Me check engine light came on in my 2007 Mercedes s550. I

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Me check engine light came on in my 2007 Mercedes s550. I stopped in an Autozone store to get a check engine code. The error code is P0717 turbine/input shaft speed sensor circuit no signal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Hi, the turbine input shaft speed sensor is located inside the transmission. For this fault code you will need to replace the electronics plate in the transmission. I would first have the fault code erased and see if it returns. If it does then I would go ahead and replace the electronics plate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of money are we talking about and how do you erase a fault code?
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

An electronics plate repair is usually in the $1200 range. The code can only be erased with a factory level scan tool. The electronics plate will need to be programmed upon replacement.