Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Its ***** *****. We jumped our Mercedes benz 2015 and the

Customer Question

hi, its ***** *****. We jumped our Mercedes benz 2015 and the car is in a locked mode so we cant drive it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a new Mercedes, that needed to be jump started. now it turns on but we cannot drive it. its essentially locked a little C shows up on the dashboard I think its probably in a mode used to prevent it from being stolen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, there is no lock mode, does the car start? the C most likely is the service due if you can send me a photo of the dash i can confirm this.

please elaborate on what the car does and does not do.

also at any time were the jumper cables accidentally hooked up backwards? or wrong?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car starts but I can't take it out of park and into driver or reverse. It's a 2016 cla250. Don't worry about the c. It's just that it's in comfort setting.

OK, lol, that was the other option. so when you press the brake does the brake lights come on?