Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have no power to my electric fuel pump after an accident

Customer Question

I have no power to my electric fuel pump after an accident how do I reset the ECU
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a minor accident on the front of my Mercedes Benz 500SL 2005 I have no power to my electric fuel pump that's the only problem I have other than to airbags on or off and my roof is locked but I know that I must reset the module for the air bags but I need to reset the ECU I believe to get power back to my fuel pump
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm sure I can you know I've been home can I put 40 years but I don't have the computers Mercedes does obviously
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: not that I can think of everything works if I put gas in the intake it starts right up
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, there is no "reset" like ford models, what kind of accident did you have and did this issue happen directly after the accident or repair? its possible the airbag activated whats called the "pyrotechnic separation fuse", Lou P.