Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Atego benz truck it starts after 1minute it develops air

Customer Question

Atego benz truck it starts after 1minute it develops air lock tere is also a lot of air coming out through the returner pipe .what can cause this
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After the engine runs there is air in the high pressure pipes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a machenic with me im in Zambia
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: For now no unless there is something you want me to tell you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually what will cause this fault here is an issue with a fuel leak to where air is being sucked into the injection pump.This may not show up as an external leak as the pump creates suction sucking in any air from a leak point as well as fuel and causes this here.I have seen damaged fuel lines and fuel line connections as well as fuel filter seals leak cause this here.

The fuel system needs checked over further to locate the fault with the air coming into the fuel supply then repaired.In some cases the fuel system is pressurized with air with a hose or similar to help find leaks like this here needing repaired.

If no leaks are found and if you have good fuel to the injection pump then the fault is usually with the injection pump itself at fault needing replaced.But this will need checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete