Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

My VIN number is WDBUF56X27B012102. Doe this car have later

Customer Question

Hi, my VIN number is ***** Doe this car have later motor with better balance shaft?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I saw you answer a customer who provided a VIN and you asnwered that has later motor the better balance shaft.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** car falls into the range of motors that came with a potentially defective balance shaft. The engine number for your Mercedes is 272.964 30 425806. The defective balance shafts were installed in motors up to engine numbers ending in 468993. Your engine number ends in 425806 which would put it within the range of potentially defective balance shafts.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service in order for Just Answer to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Thank you