Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

How do I access the fuses under the back seat of my 2002

Customer Question

How do I access the fuses under the back seat of my 2002 Mercedes 430?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Is it an S430, E430 or CLK430? Sedan or convertible?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
S430 sunroof
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My locks stopped working and I want to check the fuse

I see, thanks. There are a few different types of rear seating on them, (electrical adjustable, bench, etc).

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for all of them in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will that cost extra?

Yes, I am pretty sure it says $10 for the additional service, thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's s plane bench seat. I hear the fuse might be behind the light on jthe front of the seat
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Never mind. I just want to know how to get to the fuse. I've spent enough. This sucks!

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** can help you at no additional charge. Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just need to know how to access the fuses under my back seat
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mike, I'm apologize for the other expert. He was obviously not familiar with this model. To access the rear fuses you remove the footwell light below the seat cushion. Just grasp the edge of the light at the top and pull outwards. Fuse 62 is for the central locking pump. I've attached a fuse box diagram below.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you. Even though you have paid the website they do not pay me for helping you until you rate my service.

Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mike, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I see that you have not rated my service on this question. Do you need anymore help with this? Please remember that I do not receive credit for helping you unless you click on a positive rating for my service.

Marty