Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Car starts but putts few seconds and stalls. Replace fuel

Customer Question

Car starts but putts for a few seconds and stalls . Replace fuel pump, knock sensor and camshaft sensor
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Had codes po325 and po341. Car ran perfect until fuel rail was removed to replace sensors. Ran one day but spurred at a red light. Had to put car in neutral and it would pick up idle. Then it would not crank. Replace fuel pump. Now it starts put putts and stalls
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes would be great
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: That's all. Car ran great until now
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, what year and model are you working with also can i have the vin number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
96 mercedes c220. Don't have vin #. Car is at home and I'm at work

OK not a huge deal always want to be sure of correct engine, but yours is a M111 4 cyl. ill check the codes

ok so the codes are for the knock sensor and the cam sensor, first question is do you remember plugging in all the plugs to the engine? also, why did you remove the fuel rail? what sensors were you replacing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
everthing is pluged up. Was trying to change the crank sensor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think engine is 2.2

you are correct on engine, ok so we need to verify the sensors are plugged in. the knock and the cam sensor, do you know which those are or would you like me to upload a photo or 2 to be on the same page?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know where they are. They are plugged. Up

OK, so then we need to spray carb cleaner near the fuel injectors to make sure there are no air leaks, also pull the vacuum line off of the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is fuel in it, if there is the fuel regulator is bad.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok how will I determine I f there is a leak at injectors if thecar not running

well you should be able to unplug the mass air sensor and it should help the way it runs, also make sure its not a security issue by closing the drivers door and locking and unlocking the car.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok will try

ok let me know,

Any luck?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Haven't had a chance to work on it. Will be working on it tomorrow. Thanks for asking

ok no problems, i dont like to forget anyone and like you to know i am still here to assist, lou