Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

EDC light stays on. One mechanic says simple to fix -

Customer Question

EDC light stays on. One mechanic says simple to fix - something to do with air flow. Other dealer says replace control unit cost $9000. Who is right. Do we try the easyfix first. Vehicle is still driving OK.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We have Merc. mechanic offering easy fix. Dealership wanting expensive repair. Mechanic says something about flushing system.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No he has driven it - it goes for about20klms before the light comes on and stays on
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with this problem we are going to need more information, need to know the year , make and model as well as engine size of your Mercedes. It would also be useful to know what type of problem you are having causing the EDC light to stay on including any fault codes. Post back when you can with as much information as you have and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Help no longer needed. Do I get a refund?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

You are not charged unless you rate the service. Any money you have paid remains in your account.