Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I change the oil ,distributor caps wire set plug,spark plugs

Customer Question

I change the oil ,distributor caps wire set plug,spark plugs ,fuel filter ,removed gas tank and cleaned it ,checked all vacuum line ,bleeded all injectors ,added seaform to the gas tank .Still no result . its a nice little car with only 91 .000 miles .Mercedes benz 500 sl 1992.Please help me out I really don't know what else to do with this car.My Email is thanks.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, cause i have been spending too much money.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done a complette tuneup and I mean I changed oil and oil filter, fuel filter ,spark plugs,wire set and distributor cap ,remove gas tank and cleaned, cheked for vacuum leaks, Bleeded all injectors looking for air bububles ,the problem remainded the same. I used 5/30 mobil ful sentect now using ,it was before 0/w 40 still no answer.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I did not take it to Mercedes benz Dealer yet but all the work was done by a certfy mecanic
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** did you replace all of these parts and clean the fuel tank? What is the complete background on the no start problem?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cause oil pressure was going up and down I tough Thas was misfiring that usually happened after the got warm or on gears so my Mecanic did all the check and tune up and the result remains the same But you drive it it drives like a new engine when you not accelerate oil pressure is acting crazy ,going down to 1 ,or 0 then the start shaking .
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.
OK, the oil pressure has no effect on the way the car runs. I think what you are seeing on the oil pressure gauge is a false reading. In order to properly check the oil pressure a mechanical gauge needs to be connected to the oil pressure port. The usual cause of fluctuating oil pressure is a bad oil pressure sending unit. If you have not replaced the oil pressure sending unit I would suggest that you do so. Tell me more about the shaking.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I told you what the Mecanic did to solve the problem and he couldn't ,you guys are experts .So what do you think the problem is ? Cause I don't want the keep spending money of my card for no result.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well That's why we did a complete tune up In the car. Cause the car is shaking when the oil pressure idle dropped to 1 or. 0 or when stopping to stop sign. And when the temperature is hot The oil pressure Go up and down ,sound like misfiring or not enough gas is going to the injectors That's why my Mecanic checked all injector , all vacuum line ,bleeded all injector to see if there is no air bubbles ,cleaned gas tank ect..of course the car is running rough when idle is going down to 0
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if you cannot help me on this time that's fine . We can stop the process and I can take my car to the nearest Mercedes Benz dealer .