Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My 2004 mercedes e320 trunk will not open with the switch on

Customer Question

my 2004 mercedes e320 trunk will not open with the switch on the door or the trunk button on the key...it will open with the silver key after i remove it from the black one....fuse? the other auto open and close locks open with the electronic key
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** problem is usually caused by a broken wire in the wiring harness for the trunk lid. The harness will need to be inspected at the area where it runs along the left trunk hinge. The wires will tend to break at the flex point. I've attached a picture below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Thank you