Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 94 sl500 8 cycl. Just had top replaced. Car was in

Customer Question

I have a 94 sl500 8 cycl. Just had top replaced. Car was in shop for over a month as I had back surgery and they may have had doors open for long periods of time with engine of. When I start it up with the doors closed all the dash lights start flickering. when I open the door the flickering stops. If I push in the button that turns on lights when door is open - the dash lights start to flicker again. Tried locking and unlocking doors 3 times that didn't work. The gauges also do not work
when the lights flicker. How do I reset the alarm to make this stop.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, at least by the stated description of symptoms, this is not an alarm/security issue. Is the alarm going off when it shouldnt, is the security light flashing, or any specific alarm/security symptoms.

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on your for as much information as possible