FIXITMAN, Master Technician

My c63s amg first edition car is practically brand new, when

Customer Question

My c63s amg first edition car is practically brand new, when I tried to back it out of the garage it just suddenly stopped and will no longer move in drive or reverse, won't accelerate anymore. On the screen the following would appear "risk of vehicle rolling transmission not in P" and "pre safe functions limited see owner's manual" and "active blind spot assist inoperative." Also, after a while the engine sign lit up. Please let me know why this is so and if I can just fix it without having to make my dealer take the car to their shop.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Screen photos
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you give me the year of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Production year Dec 2015
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you identify the problem?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. This can occur for a couple of reasons. It can happen if the battery voltage in the system is low. If for some reason the battery was ran down then it can be charged and may get it working just fine again. Most of the time it is a failure in the electronic shifter. It does not happen that often on a vehicle this new, but it does happen. It can also occur if there is a programming issue, but that does not seem to be the case here. If the shifter has failed then it will need to be replaced and the new unit programmed to the vehicle. I am assuming that you still have a warranty on it, correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do, I was hoping it was just something I could easily fix but I will have the dealer pick up the car then. I don't think it's the battery since it's quite new
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.

I doubt it also. From my experience this is almost always a premature failure in the electronic shifter assembly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had it towed already and so disappointed!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry that you had to have that done. It is very disappointing when something like this happens with a new car. Is there anything else i can assist you with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I guess I'll just have to wait for their feedback now, it's frustrating to go through this today in only a week after I got it and for the extra price I paid but thanks!