Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

Thanks ***** *****, My Mercedes E500 2004 won't start and I

Customer Question

Thanks ***** *****, My Mercedes E500 2004 won't start and I tried to jump it but still not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It says break malfunction it was working fine, I drove to mall and when I came back it started doing this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say it will not start are you saying it will crank over but not run or are you saying it will not crank over at all. Post back with complete information and we can work from there to help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I when I turn on ignition, it turns on normally but I start engine, all red lights come on and nothing happens, it won't even crank. The error message it gives is for breaks malfunction and visit workshop. I had tried to jump start also but still it won't even crank.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Ron, did you get my response
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had this car now for more than 10 years. such a thing never happened before. It would always give warning immediately any issue is coming up, like nrake pads, engine oil, battery or what ever. But this time I had been driving, got gas and went to the mall, no warning. After shopping when I wanted to go home, this started happening. Now it is parked at mall parking lot. Forget cranking, it just doesn't even click. Clock starts rolling and all dial lights turn red.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I guess you don't have any answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mercedes Benz e500 2004 will not start. The lights turn on but engine won't turn over. Dash says brakes service, engine service. Tried to give a jump, no go. It also said car to low so I lifted the car up and removed left front tire to check brakes(fine) rotor(fine) so don't no what else to do. Tried putting in neutral to reset nothing. Please help
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

The no crank concern you are having can be caused by any of the following,

• Circuit 87 Power Relay
  • Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS)
  • Fuse
  • N10/1 Front SAM Control Unit With Fuse And Relay Module
  • Starter

In order to be able to determine which is failing you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
  • Starter Relay
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I had to tow it and took it to workshop. It wasn't anything, just the battery died.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was none of the above and as I said that it was just battery. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and it was just a failed battery . Thank you as well.