Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

The engine light check is on, then inoperative right turn,

Customer Question

the engine light check is on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: then inoperative right turn
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: keep driving it nothing else
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it. Continue >>
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have either a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model here plugged into your vehicle to check and see what codes are set in all computers in your vehicle.This will help diagnose and locate any issues here.

With the check engine light on there will be at least one fault code set that needs read out and diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.There are several different components that can act up or fail and cause this type of fault here so having the codes checked will help.In some cases you can get these checked/read out by a local parts store like Auto Zone free of charge.If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete