Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a mercedes 320clk with a check engine lite on, i

Customer Question

hi i have a mercedes 320clk with a check engine lite on, i cleaned the egr valve and changed some vacuum hoses but the lite came back on after driving for awhile have not been able to check code yet any suggestions ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry 'bout that the code was a po400.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the EGR ports (intake and exhaust with the valve removed) for carbon build up blocking any of these ports.I find this most common for this issue here and had to clean out all carbon build up to correct this fault.If this has already been checked or done let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete