sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 mecedes ml 500 with a 5.0 engine. the blower

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mecedes ml 500 with a 5.0 engine. the blower motor doesn't go off. I've pull every fuse, turn off all systems, and turn off engine but the blower runs nonstop, killing my battery. HELP! HELP!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be with the control head itself or the blower motor control circuit may be shorted to ground, but you almost surely have a failed blower motor controller. This is essentially a solid state relay that controls power flow to the blower motor based on a signal from the control head. When a blower motor controller fails it will usually cause the blower motor to run at full speed all the time regardless of whether it's turned on or the key is on. The blower motor controller is mounted directly to the bottom of the blower motor itself.