FIXITMAN, Master Technician

I have a 2008 GL450 and I am experiencing problems with my

Customer Question

I have a 2008 GL450 and I am experiencing problems with my power steering system.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After 5 to 10 minutes of driving, it becomes extremely difficult to turn the steering wheel if the vehicle is not moving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a bad pump. I have changed a lot of these. I would start by making sure that the belt is in good shape and is tight. If it is fine then I start by flushing out the fluid in the system as it can clog it and cause this. If that does not help then most of the time I will replace the pump after pressure testing it. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.