rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2007 c350 that was running great one morning put it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 c350 that was running great one morning put it in reverse as i normally do put the car in drive and drove only about 2 miles and the car stopped pulling I thought it was in standard mode but it wasn't I'm in desperate need of my vehicle but have not a clue of what it could be I would like to have some type of possibilities of what could be the problem before I try to get it repaired thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This can be a transmission related problem and you can identify it better by use of a scan tool checking for codes and sensor data. Shift solenoids can also be tested with the scan tool. Be sure that your fluid level is clean and full too.

Thanks, Ron