rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 04 E 500 hood won't release on passenger side, The driver

Customer Question

my 04 E 500 hood won't release on passenger side
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The driver side pop up but the passenger is still lock trying to locate lock under wheel well now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Without bending the hood, try inserting a long blade screwdriver from the driver's side to the passenger side to manually move the latch.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Exactly where should I insert screw driver
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Under the hood at the driver's side, just slightly moving the blade end toward the passenger side to the latch.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.