Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2004 mercedes clk500 wont't shift out of park, Car starts

Customer Question

2004 mercedes clk500 wont't shift out of park
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car starts just won-
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** is an emergency override for this problem that will allow you to move the shifter so you can drive the car. I've attached the instructions below. The usual problem for this is either a faulty brake light switch or a faulty electronic gear selector module. I would first try replacing the stop light switch to see if that solves the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for Just Answer to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Thank you