Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Have a 2003 Mercedes E320. Just replaced fuel pump now car

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Mercedes E320. Just replaced fuel pump now car will start but won't turn over. What else could it be? I also replaced alternator and battery.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure . If you can please check each one of these and see which one you are lacking I will see if I can help you with this. It would also be helpful if you could scan the computer and see if there are any fault code setting . Post back when you can with the results and we can work from there .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could a bad fuel filter prevent the car from turning over as well?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Yes a bad fuel filter can affect the fuel pressure and if you have not changed it then that would be a good idea.