Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

Top wont go down on my 1999 sl500

Customer Question

top wont go down on my 1999 sl500
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the convertible top can be caused by any of the following,

• Convertible Top System Fault — One or more may be present.
  • DTCS — Stored DTCs in RST or RB module.
  • Fuses
  • Hydraulic Fluid Level
  • Micro Switch — Microswitch at front windshield left or right latch

In order to determine which has failed you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
By the time you answered my question I had found that the reservoir for hydraulic fluid was empty. I filled it with fluid the top went down perfect and the fluid ran out o. Driveway. Sure one of seals is busted. While your answer was helpful the service I paid for promised prompt reply. You were only one that responded but my money was wasted.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Im glad to hear you at least found the problem, Im sorry for the delay and any money you have placed in your account remains your unless you rate the service. Thank you just the same.