MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have turn my ignition key too many timed in so row and now

Customer Question

i have turn my ignition key too many timed in so row and now it won't start send says error.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: how can i restart my car?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put in the key and it won't start. Yhsts all so joe do i reset my car yo start sgsin
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no it runs great
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. What year and model Mercedes do you have? Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2004 ml320
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Alright, Try this first, shut all the doors, hood, and lift gate, put the key in the drivers door, lock and unlock the drivers door, then attempt to start it. That should reset the anti theft system if it's armed.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Also, Do you have a spare key to this vehicle by chance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it did not work. I have only 1 key