Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

EVERYTHING I READ SAY FUSE BOX IN TRUNK MINE IS UNDER BACK

Customer Question

EVERYTHING I READ SAY FUSE BOX IN TRUNK MINE IS UNDER BACK SEAT IM LOOKING FOR THE FUEL PUMP WITH NO LUCK THUS FAR
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE CAR WAS IDLEIN IN THE YARD I WALKED OFF IT KINDA REVED UP AND DIED NOW WONT START
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ITS NOT GETTIN FUEL
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: CAN SPRAY FUEL IN BRETHER IT WILL CRANK UNTILL FUEL BURNS
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** year, make and model car is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U there
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I'm here

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The fuel pump fuse is in the fuse box under the back seat next to the battery. Fuse #6 is for the fuel pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that every thing I read says fuse box is in trunk tank is under car that is not my case fuse box under seat and tank in trunk where is the fuel pump
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The pump is under the car at the left rear. I've attached a picture.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

There is a plastic cover over the pump that you will need to remove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K I'ma check it out and get bac to u in min
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK found it here's deal I have to keep hitting it to keep running it will run stop I hit it it runs second stops over n over
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Are you hitting the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Well assuming that there is 12 volts to the pump at all times when you are cranking the motor it would indicate a bad fuel pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wat if it is not
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Possibly a bad relay. You need to measure the voltage to the pump when cranking the motor.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The fuel pump relay is next to the fuse box under the seat. I've attached a picture below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I have to step out for a little while. Let me know if you need further assistance and I will reply back when I return. Please remember that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit from the website for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. How did you make out with it yesterday? Do you need anything else? Please remember that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit from the website for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took pump off and filter couldn't get ne one because they were closed.cleaned filter pump ran but when shut off it don't hold pr sure it leaks back down so have to prime bac up
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, are you going to replace the pump and filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think filter was so clogged the pump was shutting off because of ptessure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the pump or the filter that keep fu el from draining bac when not running
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

It's both. The pump and the filter both have check valves in them.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Thank you