Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2008 E350 CODE U0155. THE INSTRUMENT GUAGES STAYS ON AFTER I

Customer Question

2008 E350 CODE U0155. THE INSTRUMENT GUAGES STAYS ON AFTER I REMOVED THE KEY
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: AS I WAS DRIVING, THE GAS, ABS, BRAKES, TEMP LIGHTS CAME ON. MY FRIEND USE HIS CODE READER RETRIEVED U0155
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I LIKE TO
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: NO
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Code U0155 usually indicates a loss of communication fault with the instrument cluster itself.With what is occuring here and this code being set this sounds like the instrument cluster itself is at fault here needing replaced to correct this issue.I have seen the cluster fail in the past before requiring replacement causing this issue here.

When it is replaced it will need to be set up and programmed by a dealer with their SDS machine unfortunately in order to work and has to be replaced with a new one.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

t