MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Looking Mercedes expert

Customer Question

Looking for a Mercedes expert
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello David. i have been with mercedes for 16 years dealer trained and certified at master tech status. what can i do for you?

well at first i though i seen your name was David but now it looks to have changed so forgive me if i am wrong. also i will always respond so dont think i left you if my response is not immediate.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, I have a little problem with my 99 E320..when I start it, it starts right up and goes up about 1500 rpm then just suddenly dies..I turn off the ignition and then immediately try to start it again and sometimes doe the same thing again or it just stays running..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im leaning towards a fuel filter or maybe what they now call a MAP sensor but Im not getting any codes

ok, so usually its common for people to press the brake when they start the car, if this is normal for you try to start the car without pressing the brake, maybe the booster has a air leak, we can start with that. see if it changes.

any luck? i am here to assist when you are ready to continue