FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My Mercedes glk350 doesn't pick when I press down on the

Customer Question

my Mercedes glk350 doesn't pick when I press down on the pedal, I even pressed down all the way before it picked and a funny noise was coming out of the exhaust behind the drivers side.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi am Vivian, chatting from Africa
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello Vivian, my name is***** you for the question. It sounds like you may have a catalytic problem with the exhaust. If there is a failure it will cause the exhaust to make certain noises which is what you may be experiencing. It can also be a valve timing issue, but more of the time there will be engine noise associated with this also. If the check engine light is on then it should be scanned for codes as that will assist in knowing what the problem may be. I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light isn't on, I was think is the fuel filter. am not sure though
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It possibly can be, but most of the time that will just cause a lack of power and not a strange noise coming from the exhaust.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the solution? 'cause the noise is coming from one exhaust. the one directly behind the driver side
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

The catalytic converter needs to be checked to see if it is clogged. If it is then it needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

No problem. If you need anything else please let me know. Please rate when you can also. Thank you and have a great night.