MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have a 2004 CL500 the battery is dead and the key will not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 CL500 the battery is dead and the key will not work on the truck lock. Is there someway I can attach an external battery to get power to use smart key? Thank you
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car has sat for a long time and the battery was dead I was able to charge it in the past by opening the trunk this time I cannot get the key to open the trunk. How can I get power to the car without being able to open the trunk I can get under the hood and inside the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: we called Mercedes and they said there were two posts under the hood and I cannot find them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I have done this in the past and was able to open the trunk when the car was dead
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  thomas hill replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be helping you today

Under the hood there should be a little black box you open it there should be a metal post in it with red that the positive terminal and the negative clamp can go anywhere on engine or the body that has a good contract no paint

Should look like this