Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have a 2007 Mercedes E-320 Bluetec Diesel. Mercedes tells

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Mercedes E-320 Bluetec Diesel. Mercedes tells me that the turbo boost sensor is not functioning correctly every time sending signals to the turbo. The say I must replace the entire turbo as Mercedes does not sell the turbo & sensor separately. When I ask why they can't just replace the sensor they will not give me a technical answer, they just say it is a Mercedes policy. That is hard to swallow seeing the cost to replace the entire turbo is about $4,000, the sensor cost about $40-$50 labor. Maybe a total of $150 to $300.
Can you explain why this is being sold this way. If there is a likely technical reason, OK. However it does not make sense to me.
Best Regards
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, that sounds like the description is not 100%, are you sure they dont mean the turbo actuator? the one located on the side of the turbo? if this is the case mercedes does not sell them HOWEVER you can find new ones on line as the same actuator is sold separately for all other types of vehicles that use the same system. you can even send your out to be rebuilt. see if you can get them to do that. they may not want to assume no responsibility but its easy to do and change and can save you thousands. ill send over a link.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was having difficulty getting answers back to you on the chat line. You ask about an actuator rather than a sensor, I don't know, the terminology everyone is referring to is a "sensor", I have not herd the term "actuator" but I will ask them. You ask for more details, what kind of details do you need. I will do my best to supply them.
Best Regards
Ray(###) ###-####

ok ray, the actuator has sensors inside so that could be the confusion but take a look at the photos in the link i supplied, you need to ask them what the sensor does and where its located and if there are fault codes they can give you. that would tell me 100% .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will get back to you later today, I'll get codes and definition of what they are talking about.
(###) ###-####

OK ray no worries sir, and also please do not put your phone number up there as anyone can see it, in the future if you wish for a call there is a link for a phone call option. then you can enter the private info. so be careful man.