Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

1999 SLK 230 Water in passenger footwell. Looking location

Customer Question

1999 SLK 230
Water in passenger footwell.
Looking for the location of the A/C Evaporator Drain (proper installation/blockage) on the passenger side and underneath vehicle. Also any other possible solutions.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the seal around the windshield is leaking this can allow water to enter your vehicle and cause this here.I have seen some of these leak before and had to either re seal or replace the windshield as sometimes a reseal is not possible.

The other area is the ac drain if the water appears after the ac has been used.The drain usually drains out of the bottom of the vehicle above the transmission.Look for a drain hole or tube under the vehicle and use a mechanics wire or similar to push into the drain slightly to see if you can free up and remove any debris to correct this here.In allot of cases it can just be gummed up with debris and need cleaned out this way to correct this here.

You may have to peel back the carpet in the front seat area to inspect the drain for any disconnect issues needing corrected.

If all of these are o.k. this may be a roof seal leaking allowing water to run down the A pillar post into the foot well area.I would have the roof seals checked for any wear or damaged or being collapsed needing replaced possibly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for responding.
I was originally looking for the A/C Evaporator Drain.
After looking for and finding some schematics, it turns out the drain was behind the kick-panel need the middle console on the passenger side.Peeling back the carpet did not revel the drain.