Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2011 gl 450, the drivers side is sometime a 1/2

Customer Question

i have a 2011 gl 450 , the drivers side is sometime a 1/2 inch lower than passenger side..sometimes it is as much as 2 inches lower. i hear the compressor running when parked sometimes..is it normal for drivers side to be a little lower? how does the air suspension work? sometimes wheel well seems very close to tires then it usually corrects itself.. i just had it level at an auto body shop..
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello. First thing you want to do is what I call the "Q-tip test" to the little plastic links for the level sensors. See if they all can twist easily in your fingers side to side like spinning a Q-tip. If not replace the links and grease the ball joint that they snap onto let me know if this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the reply but you didn't answer any of my specific questions.

I kinda did for the level aspect of it for the issue of why it's lower. Most likely the links are seized. As for how the system works I'll send a link over. The link will show the cars but all the airmatic systems are identical except for the location of the relay and fuse and compressor.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/zavs5irxy4ea1

Let me know if that helps. Also if you shut the car off and lock it , measure all for corners of height from the center of the wheel on the ground to the center of the wheel well. Let it sit for about 4 hours and re-measure. If any corner is lower then all 4 average then that shock is leaking.