Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Key not recognize by car and won't start, The car takes

Customer Question

Key not recognize by car and won't start
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car takes about an hour for every restart
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Idk if I can
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not relly
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. What year and model are you working with ? And does the vehicle ever die on you ? Or just not restart after shutting off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is a 2011 ml350 4matic when the car is started in the morning no trouble however if u shut it off and try to restart no start after about an half an hour it may restart car never shut down

Ok so the issue can be the PREFUSE jump start box in the engine bay. Will you try to fix yourself ? Cause it will take some electrical testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to a shop the guy plug it up to the computer I was told that the keys need to be reprogram then I took it Mb service center and was told that I need to replace the ignition switch

Ok so where is the car now ? It very well could be the ignition switch but that's why I want to check the fuses cause this is a very common issue. And the PREFUSE is usually the fault. Or the rear Sam control module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is home now

ok so I need you to get a test light and turn the key on and test every fuse for power in the drivers side engine bay fuse box. Let me know which fuses do not have power.