MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2009 S550 It has a sporatic problem of not

Customer Question

I have a 2009 S550 It has a sporatic problem of not starting. most of the time it strats fine. about once a week I get an error when I try to start the car that the parking brake has failed. then the computer starts saying that many other systems (ABS, SRS, Cruise control, Etc.) have also failed. It seems like a computer glitch It I let it set for 6-8 hours it seems to reset any ideas? I took it into my dealer, and they couldn't reproduce the problem, and couldn't fix it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, I want to have the dealer do it but they don't know what it is
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no, I just had it serviced, so it runs great when it starts. it has about 65,000 miles on it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This will be a near impossible one to know the answer right away so let me ask a few questions if I may.

Did they give you a printout of any codes that would have been in the system ? Also does this happen when you have any passengers ? Or just you as the driver ?