Waverly Lorello
Waverly Lorello, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician L1, L2
93062056

Mercedes-Benz 2003 slk 32 amg: shifter stuck on park and will

Customer Question

shifter stuck on park and will not start
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Waverly a professional at just answer. The problem that you are experiencing can be caused by multiple problems but first lets check a few simple things. 1. Turn the headlamps on and make sure they are nice and bright. This will tell us that the battery has sufficient charge to start the car2. We need to make sure the brake lights are also working. The car relies on the input from the brake pedal sensor in order for the cars shifter to work properly If these things help you please rate this anwser, Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

head lamps is good brake lamps is also working

So When you turn the key the car Cranks but does not start? OR when you turn the key the DOES NOT CRANK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does not crank

So the next thing we need to try is another key for the car if you have one
This will rule out a key fault causing the Drive Authorization System (DAS) Module to start the carIf this does not start the car unfortunately it will need to be towed to some one who knows mercedes benz. The reason for this is if they dont they may have to tow the car to dealer for certain parts involving the key that they will not sell to aftermarket users causing you a additional tow charge
Any luck? Please let me know what other questions you may havePlease help me help other people by rating my help to youThanks waverly