Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Marty looking diagram to identify the relay on the w210,

Customer Question

marty looking for the diagram to identify the flasher relay on the w210, 1999 e320. there are several relays, but i have no diagram only the description for the fuse position
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no issue, just trying to locate the relay for the directional/hazard flasher
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Marty, in the main fuse box driver's side on the w210 chassis (1999 e320) I have the locations of the fuses, but there is no diagram, or photo of the relays. I have several relays in the fuse box, perhaps 5 yellows, one green, one black. I have not a clue what each relay is connected to and the circuits. Also, I am trying to isolate the specific relay or relays that are for the turn signal-directionals and hazard lights. I am trying to replace the relays with a relay designed to prevent Hyper Flashing when installing LED bulbs. Thus, in addition to adding resistors which is to cancel can-bus errors, the relay is designed to prevent hyper flashing which happen when one installs LED bulbs or installs a secondary Tow Harness.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found a photo online that is an exact image of the fuse box in my W210 (1999 Mercedes E320)
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your 1999 E320 dose not use a separate flasher for the turn signals and or flashers , the turn signals and flashers are incorporated into the SAM as well as controlled by the Signal Activation Module (SAM). See the wiring diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. The second link shows the location of the SAM as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/SAM%20module%20Mar%2010.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/SAM%20location%20Mar%2010.pdf

Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

.