Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

My 2001 slk 320 shows start error. got a code U0900. No

Customer Question

Hi My 2001 slk 320 shows start error. got a code U0900. No crank. Any suggestion?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats it no crank. shows a start error and the only code i get is U0900.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
deposit is paid
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the no crank condition can be caused by any of the following,

• Anti Theft Malfunction
  • Battery
  • N65 Pulse Module
  • Starter
  • Wiring

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. I am not finding any listing for the fault code you have listed which usually means its not a valid Mercedes Fault code.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Mar%2010.pdf